GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
Burnham Market Parish Council
- Your Personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
2. Who are we?
Burnham Market Parish Council is the data controller. This means it decided how you personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Burnham Market Parish Council complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss; misuse; unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
4. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the parish with your consent.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
Please see information Audit below.
6. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
- The right to request a copy of your personal data with Burnham Market Parish Council hold.
- The right to request that Burnham Market Parish Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Burnham Market Parish Council to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the Data Controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (know as the right to data portability), (where applicable), only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means.
- The right where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data only (where applicable) only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or for the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purpose of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
7. Further Processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purpose and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your new consent to the new processing.
8. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact The Clerk to Burnham Market Parish Council via email at email@example.com or by telephone 01525 631813/07456460580.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or at the Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF